Episode 3. The Big Man Can't Shoot || The Self-Confidence Crisis

Born and raised as an only child from an individualistic family, I always suffered from human relationship issues. Those problematic were not a problem - such problems mostly occur between intimate friends. Those that barely started to sprout have been my issues. Concerns were about, in general, how the person would think about me. How I should start talking to him, what I should address as a topic of conversation, or how I should react to the account of story he(or she) tells me. An unripe relationship obliges me to deliberate; prudence precedes my propensity, since friendship is not just a scene from a play. No one could clearly understand how a turmoil of feelings induces an agony inside one's mind in reality; understanding Hamlet is relatively easy, while sympathizing with the Hamlets of our society is not.
In that, the story of the big man who can't shoot arouses a sense of affinity to me. Being aware of the way others look at me - caring too much of the perceptions of those around me rather than that of myself is something familiar to me. Although it is neither an academic excel nor a surpassing performance that I seek for, peer pressure still exists within my life. I believe the essence of the problem to be a self-confidence. When confident of oneself, there is no reason at all to be taking masks on to hide myself. With intimate friends around, I do not worry whether if they will like me or not. With those that are not around, inevitable is to be stressed because I am not confident about the relationship. Academic performance or physical activity don't stray from the context, indeed. If proud of throwing with an underhand, while others criticize the one for that, the one wouldn't care how others denounce his shoots. After all, the ball will be at where it's supposed to be. The problem is - self esteem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things About Me

Episode 5. Food Fight || Tour d'Ivoire, Struggling but Pursuing